My Oz....

This is where Wonderland and the land of Oz meet and play and create! Come join in the fun!

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

It's Christmas at DominoArt in July!

I loved the theme for DominoArt this month!  Christmas in July!  Christmas and dominoes? What more could I ask for?  I took an IPhone box of my daughter's destined for the trash and inside was a perfect little shadowbox! Yes, I am hung up on shadowboxes right now and tenny tiny things.  So I wanted my box to be topped with dominoes stamped for Christmas even before I realized what was in the box.  So I taped the backs of my dominoes in a straight row, painted with gesso, then put DecoArt's red fluid acrylics on the tops, misting with water to make it run down the dominoes.  A little painty and inky so you know it was fun!  When completely dry I stamped a sleigh and reindeer stamp in black from Michael's dollar bin, and used 3 little stamps from VivaLasVegas Stamps that were in my pound of rubber I got last week!  I wanted the markers to show up better on them but alas they did not so I left it thinking it looked a little vintage.  Oh, after stamping I cut them apart as I wanted to space them out on the box top.  Sanded the edges of most of the gesso and colored the sides green with Chameleon markers.  

I obviously covered the box with Christmas paper from my stash in two designs..forgot to add that! 



The inside I added burlap pager to the back of the shelves.  Then I added a tiny bottle brush tree from SilverCrow Creations and also the little turtle dove on the second shelf came from  their wonderland of fabulousness!  I made tiny packages from another sheet of paper from the pad. Adding some red bling and a tiny red string tie. These  were glued around the tree.  On the second shelf, Santa of course! (more about him in next pic) with turtle dove.  And the other elements were foam embellishments from a Christmas kit including the words "Merry Christmas".


 Now, Santa is made from a piece of a Japanese game given to me in a happy mail package, no idea what it is called as the instructions are in Japanese, too!  but fun shapes!  I took the foam embellies and stuck to the game piece with the flat part sitting on the shelf with his beard hanging over and "Christmas" overlapping his beard.


And here is the back of Santa!  Love this game piece's shape...hoping to use it for DominoArt's Mascot Doll Contest for a head...oops! I didn't say that!  Top secret info!
And with that my Christmas shadowbox was complete!
Now you know the theme and you know where to go so grab some game pieces and play along!  The Domino Queen aka Sharpie Queen is waiting for YOU!
Happy Crafting! 

Entering 613 Avenue "Anything Goes with Optional Twist of Flag"
http://avenue613.blogspot.com/2015/07/challenge-131-anything-goes-woptional.html



No comments:

Post a Comment