My Oz....

This is where Wonderland and the land of Oz meet and play and create! Come join in the fun!

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Hearts Abound

Our Facebook challenge at Rick St. Dennis Digi Fans and Friends page for February is "Arrows or Hearts or Both"!  This gorgeous image "Ring Mistress - Circus Showgirl" has been set aside for a 3D haunted carnival for almost a year now and I did get most of the pieces colored and assembled like my head wanted them to be when I had a collapse of the infrastructure!  So new ideas being given to me and plans still whirling around, I decided she had to come out in different colors for Valentine's.  Also, I didn't realize I was channeling my inner Marvel hero colors into her while coloring but I like them on her! 


She is one sassy Valentine and notice she isn't asking you to be her Valentine...she is telling you how it is :)  Colored with Prisma colored pencils and Faber-Castell markers in places for skin tones, then fussy cut and put onto red cardstock that was stamped once with StazOn Dove Gray ink, then ghosted almost with Black Soot Distress Ink after adding washi tape and stamping the whole first layer with "Spray Webbing" background stamp from Lost Coast Designs with gold gelatos to give it a gorgeous shimmer.  The Black Soot had to be last as it is water reactive like the gelatos.  The edges have a dark golden gelato smeared around and then adhered the mixed media red cardstock to some kraft paper with hearts abounding!  The sentiment was made in Photoshop and I had just popped the top on a lovely bottle of wine and it had the awesome red seal that is placed under the sentiment which is edged with red Nuance Powders (available now at Lost Coast Designs) and has some of the gold gelato from the stamp on it in places.

Such fun working with such awesome images, the choices are mind boggling wanting to work on so many at one time :)  Hope you take the time to visit our Facebook page and like it and a must do is visit Rick's shops at Etsy (dark images) and Zibbet (lovely, fashion, holidays, etc.)!

1 comment: